- Uppsala Lecture in Human Geography 22 oktober 2018
- Launching kritisk etnografi – Swedish Journal of Anthropology
- Geografdagarna 30–31 oktober 2018
- Ymer 2018 publicerad
- Bilder från Vegadagen 2018
- Film från Vegadagen 2018
- Stockholmsrelease av Polarfararnas kläder på liv och död
- Public Lecture with Prof. em. Gillian Hart, April 26
Read Thomas Hylland Eriksen's paper "Being Relevant in an Irrelevant Way", kritisk etnografi 2018, 1(1), 43-54:
"A public anthropology which makes a difference to the human condition does not have to be activist in character, or to advocate certain policies, or to embed itself in some social movement, (although these options are certainly interesting), but also present their own dilemmas. Indeed, knowledge and ideas may themselves contribute to changing the world through shifts in perspective and participation in the collective endeavour of lifting ourselves by the bootstraps in order to see the human world as a whole. In order to do
this, we need to reflect seriously on what we are saying, to
whom and how we are saying it. Alas, academic anthropologists far too rarely take this opportunity; instead concentrating largely on problems internal to the discipline, academically defined. As a result, neoliberal,
xenophobic and reductionist views perspectives on humanity have gained currency in the public sphere as ‘real science’, thanks to the vigorous and skilful popularisers of such views. Anthropologists, who ought to be the foremost scientific interpreters of the human condition in all its diversity and unity, have been busy doing other things."
More about the journal here: http://kritisketnografi.se/ ... See MoreSee Less
7 days ago ·
1 week ago ·
Thought-provoking article by Didier Fassin in kritisk etnografi - Swedish Journal of Anthropology:
"However, my intention is not to advocate for a public social science. [...] My aim is instead to reflect on and account for what is at stake when the work of social scientists is made public (Fassin 2015). From this perspective, I prefer to be analytic rather than programmatic, to study cases rather than promote a model, to adopt a critical stance rather than assert a normative posture."
kritisk etnograf 2018 1(1): http://kritisketnografi.se/issues/
Fassin's article in fulltext: http://uu.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:1232256/FULLTEXT02.pdf ... See MoreSee Less
2 months ago ·
- Svenska Sällskapet för Antropologi och Geografi grundades 1878. SSAG stöder forskning genom stipendier, ger ut de vetenskaplig tidskrifterna Geografiska Annaler A och B och årsboken Ymer, delar ut medaljer samt organiserar exkursioner och föreläsningar.
© 1878–2018 SSAG